Be Broadband www.bethere.co.uk Review

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

RickL's review of Be Broadband www.bethere.co.uk

“After being with BT Broadband for over 5 years, I...”

Written on: 18/06/2007 by RickL (1 review written)

Very fast (I get about 16 Mbps).
Upload also a lot faster than BT Broadband (1.3 Mbps vs 0.4 Mbps).

I had problems on initial migration which was delayed by two weeks (I still had broadband, but was stuck with BT Broadband for an extra two weeks).
This was caused by a faulty wire at the exchange.

General Comments
After being with BT Broadband for over 5 years, I finally switched.

The terrible download speeds due to traffic shaping on BT Broadband finally forced me to switch.

So far Bethere has been much faster. Even if my connection speed wasn't good, I think it would still be faster as they do not do any traffic shaping/limiting. Fortunately, I do get a good connection!

I have spoken to the technical support a few times because of the problems I had during migration. They are based in eastern Europe but were friendly and helpful.

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Freedom2Live's Response to RickL's Review

Written on: 22/10/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I am experiencing the exact same thing as the reviewer and am also in the process of changing my ISP. One that also does not censor news stuff according to new world order preferences.