Philips Review

darrenforster99's review of Philips

Philips

“We bought a Philips 28" Widescreen Dolby Pro Logic TV...”

Written on: 16/06/2007 by darrenforster99 (8 reviews written)

Long service life
Very few problems
Decent delivery and installation
Superb value for money

General Comments
We bought a Philips 28" Widescreen Dolby Pro Logic TV in 1997. Then this TV was simply amazing, top of the range, superb quality. Philips regarded their tubes as being the longest lasting tubes and offered a 5 year guarantee on the it. 10 years later this TV was still going strong, only one problem we had with it was a small capacitor went (the TV went off and smelt of burning when this happened), luckily a friend of ours is a TV engineer he looked at it, and just charged us £3 for the new capacitor and fitting it. The only thing that broke this TV was when my mum tripped over the dog and knocked it off the cabinet, I was gutted, I'm quite sure it would have gone on for another 10 years had this not happened. Now the insurers have left us though with a TV from another manufacturer that looks like it probably wont even last 6 months never mind 10 years.

Adamou's Response to darrenforster99's Review

Written on: 19/08/2009

My Philips flat screen has suddenly gone blank (a black screen) so I just get sound! Do you know any good TV repair men?