Written on: 15/06/2007 by Cognition (90 reviews written)
Many, many cars and tracks
Multiplayer could be better
As I recall, I got Gran Tourismo 4 back when it first came out.
I'd previously played Gran Tourismo 3: A Spec and the concept cars version (I can't remember the name) and found them to be very good, so no surprises then when I stuck this into the PS2 - right away I found it to be a slight improvement on its predecessors, but not too much had been changed so there was still the Gran Tourismo feel to the game.
I used to be very addicted to this game, spending every minute allowed on my PS2 to play it - but now I've spent so many hours on it and I've done everything there is to do, so I find it very hard to get back into the game.
General overview :
- Graphics are good for a game on the PS2 - they were great for the time and have stood their ground well - still being better than most newer games.
- Gran Tourismo is of course, as the slogan goes, "the ultimate driving simulator" so expect the physics and general gameplay to be as realistic as it gets.
- There are so many cars to choose from - I recommend starting with a second hand or tuned car as you get more performance for your money.
- There are also many tracks to choose from, as well as a wide variety of music including some very strange stuff.
- Multiplayer could be better - not all cars and tracks are available and graphics are considerably worse on multiplayer modes.
- There are some insanely long endurance races to put yourself through if you want to get all of the cars.
Overall, I have found that Gran Tourismo 4 is a good, if not the best racing simulator - it's just a shame that there's no damage.
Another product recommended by Cognition - hope this has been helpful.
As rated by real users
"Kingdom Hearts Greatness " Read More
"Friendly,good service,lots of ..." Read More
"I liked this game in GTA san a..." Read More
"Osam" Read More
"I love spider ma Main ultimate..." Read More