Gourmet Society, Nottingham Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

nottsfoodie's review of Gourmet Society, Nottingham

“I think the http://www.thegourmetsociety.co.uk is...”

Written on: 11/06/2007 by nottsfoodie (1 review written)

You can save a small fortune by regularly using it. This year they appear to have really gone to town in adding new restaurants. When I first joined there was only about 50 restaurants there are now about tens time that many. I've also noticed recently that more and more of the new restaurants are allowing you to use it at the weekends. From a totally selfish point I also like the fact that if one of your friends joins they send you a voucher for a bottle of wine from the local wine merchants - and amazingly it's quite drinkable! There is a girl on their phones who is absolutely smashing - I had lost my card and was going out for dinner that evening but she phoned the restaurant for me explained the situation and got me the discount, plus i got my card the next day.

A small number of restaurants only allow you to use the card twice - for instance Wagamama. Personally it's not the end of the world for me but it would be better if they were like some of the other restaurants that allow you to use it unlimited times. Not all restaurants allow you to use it on a Saturday night, but they do have to make a profit sometime!!

General Comments
I think the http://www.thegourmetsociety.co.uk is great if you eat out even just a few times in a year. If you are expecting to get totally free food and drink every time you go out and never have to spend a single penny again it is not for you. However, if you like the idea of finding out about new restaurants and exploring the town and countryside whilst saving cash it a definite must. Finally if you do join I would try and find a promo code as it saves you a bit of cash on the membership fee compared to the normal web offer.

• British

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• Once a week

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Severs's Response to nottsfoodie's Review

Written on: 01/09/2007

Glad to hear your experience. I've just phoned 5 restaurants at random, and only two offered 'two meals for the price of one', and that was Monday to Thursday only. Others offered 25 percent off, but only 2 of the restaurants offered discounts of any kind over the weekends. Trying to fit in with the Gourmet Society card could be quite complicated.