Alfa Romeo 159 1.9 JTDM 16v Lusso Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Jon Hardcastle's review of Alfa Romeo 159 1.9 JTDM 16v Lusso

“This is my first Alfa Romeo, bought for me by the...”

Written on: 07/06/2007 by Jon Hardcastle (3 reviews written)

Build quality, refinement, looks, standard equipment, handling (for a heavy car). Audio sound quality, Don't see many around.

Storage Space, Economy

General Comments
This is my first Alfa Romeo, bought for me by the company I work for. All my friends around me were trying to warn me off it due to concerns with reliability etc. Let's get one thing straight, if you are a petrol head like me, at some point in your life you have to own/drive an Alfa! Regarding reliability (after 11,000 miles) - 100% perfect.

For the weight of the car the 1.9 JTDm engine goes quite well, it's never going to break any records and as such the outside appearance of the car shouts "get out of my way I'm coming through" while on the inside everything is very relaxed and hushed. The standard audio (mine has the "Blue & Me" system fitted) is superb, a BOSE upgrade is available but not required! The quality of the paintwork is spot on as is the interior fit and finish, with real Aluminium on the door panels and centre console (not imitation like other premium brands use). The only downside so far are the fuel economy (Average 40 - 42 mpg) manufacturer claims 48 on the combined cycle and the interior space for odds and ends. The major plus is its an Alfa Romeo and they are like hens teeth on the road. Compare that to the 3 series/A4/X-Type and you have a car that has the interior finish of the Audi, road presence that betters the BMW and exclusivity of a Rolls-Royce (at the moment).

• 2006

Year Manufactured