Sony NV-U51 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

primate1970's review of Sony NV-U51

Sony NV-U51

“The Sony NV-U51 does the navigation job very well, and...”

Written on: 31/05/2007 by primate1970 (1 review written)

Full 7 digit postcode search, a lot better than the nv-u50, Free TMC and the camera database is only £20 for a years updates. (I tried the 30 day free trial and was impressed with the accuracy as I live in the Staffordshire moorlands). I recently tried my father-in-law's Navman F20 and it drove me mad with garbled instructions and sent me down 2 one way streets the wrong way! The new style suction cup on the mount doesn't leave a sticky mark and can be attached to the top of the dash so no more telltale rings on the windscreen!

A little on the bulky side and doesn't have MP3 or any fancy add-ons. Also doesn't come with a carry case?

General Comments
The Sony NV-U51 does the navigation job very well, and with TMC it diverts you around traffic problems without you even noticing!
I originally had a Sony NV-U50, but had so many problems with it I took it back for a refund and got this unit since then I have never regretted it!
Does exactly what it says it will, without breaking the bank (but do shop around as these are cheaper every time I see one? but thats life).

• na