The Glass House, Sidbury, Worcester Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Ish123's review of The Glass House, Sidbury, Worcester

“I took my wife out to the Glass House in Sidbury last...”

Written on: 19/05/2007 by Ish123 (6 reviews written)

Modern interior

Disorganised staff.
Food - poor selection, unimaginative and bland, not what one would expect from a so-called quality establishment, with a famous Michelin stared Chef.

General Comments
I took my wife out to the Glass House in Sidbury last night, for a special meal. We had been meaning to go since it opened. What a disappointment! The service was at best poor, and the menu showed no imagination and was grossly over priced. The wine list was impressive with impressive prices. Wine you can buy in Tesco's being sold for over £20 a bottle. Next week I shall really treat her and take her back to The Sauce Factory for a decent meal.

• Modern European

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Tom Viala's Response to Ish123's Review

Written on: 12/11/2007

Looking at some of your other reviews I’m not at all surprised by your comments about the Glasshouse. Have you ever thought about opening your own restaurant as you seem to be quite an expert? It also doesn’t surprise me that you hide behind a user name rather than having the courage to reveal your true identity. You strike me as the type of person that is actually quite pleased to find something wrong so you can winge about it.
<br/>
<br/>I work in the equipment supply side of the industry and it’s not surprising that when restaurants rely so heavily on word of mouth referrals that 80% of establishments fail in their first year with people like you around. In my experience most establishments welcome constructive criticism as it gives them the opportunity to improve however you seem quit happy to slate these businesses off to anyone that will listen.
<br/>
<br/>The Glasshouse is a true class act. It may have taken a while to settle down but now it has its in a league of its own. The food is fantastic and I tend to agree with Jay Rayner from the Observer and Tracey Mcleod from the Independent (food critics who actually know what their talking about) who gave the food top marks during their respective reviews. The wine list is interesting and imaginative and despite looking, I have never seen any of their wines in Tesco’s or any other wine merchant for that matter.
<br/>
<br/>Quite frankly I’m glad you won’t be returning because it will make it easier for me to get a table!

D Evans's Response to Ish123's Review

Written on: 06/03/2008

Tom, do you not think that a person is entitled to their own opinion?
<br/>
<br/>My experience of the Glass House was disappointing, and I found the quality of the actual food as a product didn't match the standard the menu represented.
<br/>
<br/>I'm sure you'll tell me different, but that was MY finding!