Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk Review

jj2205's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“I bought a camera for £29:99, in a half price sale....”

Written on: 16/05/2007 by jj2205 (12 reviews written)

Local.
Some helpful staff.

The after sales service was dreadful, and totally inaccurate advice was given.
Cramped aisles and poor layout.

General Comments
I bought a camera for £29:99, in a half price sale. After 4 weeks the camera developed a fault, and I took it back to the shop. I was told by a supervisor that she could do nothing for me until I had a number to give her from a helpline that Woolworths have. I obtained the number from another assistant and rang them. I explained what the problem was, and I was told to simply take the item back to the shop for a refund or exchange. I informed him that the woman had insisted that she would do nothing for me unless I have a number, and he told me that as the item was under £45, it did not need a number, and they should know this!

I returned to the shop, and the supervisor was very unhelpful. She refused to do anything until I gave her a reference number from the people at the helpline. I called the helpline again, and I explained my position with the shop supervisor. I was told to take it back, and tell them that as the item is under £45, a reference number is not given! When i returned to the shop, the supervisor was not there, but a junior assistant was. I spoke to her, and she said exactly what the man at the helpline had said. She exchanged my camera and apologised for me being messed about. How come a junior knows more than a supervisor when it comes to this? I thanked her and left with a new camera, but I think the supervisor should have been setting a good example to the juniors and treating customers with some respect and dignity!

• Digital Camera, £29.99

• Quality of service