Fake Bake Self Tan Cream Review

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

Tara24's review of Fake Bake Self Tan Cream

Fake Bake Self Tan Cream

“Fake Bake Self Tan Cream, on the whole, is a good...”

Written on: 16/05/2007 by Tara24 (1 review written)

It does give a nice colour if applied properly
The scent isn't too bad
Lasts about a week
Is easy to apply due to the dark colour of the cream

Left me with dry red patches of skin
Gave me eczema
Didn't really take to my face and chest very well
Got in pores of skin

General Comments
Fake Bake Self Tan Cream, on the whole, is a good tanning lotion, but it didn't really work for me. I was happy with the results the first time I used it, but then after using it a couple more times, I noticed that eczema had developed on the fronts of my arm. I could also see small slightly rough patches of skin forming in sporadic places; mainly on my arms and back, but I carried on using it thinking that they would go. However, the more I used it, the worse they got, until they were bigger in size and red and inflamed, as was the eczema. It also didn't really take very well to my face and chest, and it got into my pores, so when I looked closely at my face, I could see little dark brown dots here and there, and the same could be seen on my chest (the mousse is said to stop this happening, but when I used it, it was even worse). It also took ages to dry, and I'm talking a little more than an hour.

You're probably wondering why I said that overall it is good, after all those negatives, but it does have good points... It is very easy to apply. I never got any streaks with it, ever, and I'm not experienced at putting on Fake Bake; it is the first fake tan I tried. It gave a natural and lasting colour, and the lotion lasts for quite a while. I would recommend it to someone who wasn't prone to getting eczema, and who didn't have sensitive skin. I now use St Tropez, and I prefer it, as it works much better for me, and I have seen the rough red patches of skin and eczema clear when I stopped using the Fake Bake.

• Quite a few times