Written on: 04/07/2003 by William. (1 review written)
Excellent phone full marks.
The Best Phone to date.
Apart from being a bit slow from time to time and
the battery not lasting very long. Brilliant phone
Everybody seem to think the ringtones are rubbish but you need to look aroung the web like
I did. Basicly you can have all different types
of ringtones. Basic (1 note at a time for example nokia 3310, nokia 330) Polyphonic (a little more jazy. sounds cool) Music (real music cd type) The Orange SPV covers all three. I am only going to explain Music (CD type) if you want to know how to do the first two write back.
Go to http://www.download.com and download the trial version of Alive Mp3 Wav Converter. Once downloaded install program. Run the program and do the following.
1. Click on the little icon which says add to
2. An Open file dialog box will apear.
3. Search through the folders for your music.
4. Click on the file you want as a ringtone on
your phone. (must be Wav or Mp3)
5. Hover over the Play button and it should come up with (Click here to start converting (In a Bubble))
6. Click on the button and a new screen will
apear. (headed Convert)
7. Click in the Second dot :- Path :- Click the
little button ... at the end and find you
Desktop folder. Then click on it.
8. Next section says (output format) heres what
you need to do.
9. Click on the 4th dot headed :- Convert to wav. there should be a white box apear. Go into the box and make sure PCM on its own is selected.
10. You will need to change the two boxes in
this section to show the following :-
PCM  kHz, 16bit [Mono]
11. Then click on ok.
12. You should have the new file save on your
Next connect your mobile to the USB port.
Now you want to click on the explore button once your phone us Scyncronized through microsoft activesync.
You will then need to double click on my smartphone and double click on IPSM, Application Data and then sound(s) just how the manual tells you. Now don't close anything down but go to you desktop and right click on the file you want on the phone. Select Copy. Now click back on the directory window called windows go in the white section hit the right mouse key and click paste. Now take your phone out of the cradle and try and play the ringtone through your
phone. Need anymore help let me know.
" Best phone I've ever had " Read More
Written by AliceWayte
" This Nokia 9210 mobile phone can be a real boon as it can give you ... " Read More
Written by stuart63
" Johnk777 " Read More
" I bought this nice looking phone in Nairobi-Kenya in July 2003 from... " Read More
Written by Peter Njoroge Mwangi
" Best phone I ever had still working " Read More