Richter Optik 3-9x40 Review

s20023's review of Richter Optik 3-9x40

“Right first of all you get what you pay for right? A...”

Written on: 03/05/2007 by s20023 (2 reviews written)

Decent quality
Free flip up covers
The Price

General Comments
Right first of all you get what you pay for right? A friend of mine has beautiful German glass that is crystal bright, the Richter isn't in this class, it doesn't pretend to be.

What it does give you is perfectly clear, totally usable vision across all of the mags on the 3-9x zoom. The lenses make great use of the light that comes in so much so that even with camouflage veil across the 40mm lense it is usable well into the twilight ( mine is the non illuminated reticule version). The leaflet that comes with the scope suggests that it is primarily designed for rifle rather than air rifle use (it describes how to zero it at 100 metres) So I'm guessing it may not stand up to recoiling air gun use, I run a pcp so I don't know. Mine is Zeroed to 30 metres and is good enough to decapitate matches at this (indoor) range.

The stunning thing about this scope is always going to be the price £29.95...................

You could get better, but I reckon you'd have to add a 1 to the price first, for me that;s a no- brainer, at my level of shooting, at the ranges I shoot over I don't need more than this scope.