Lyric Theatre, London Review

thebigsleeper's review of Lyric Theatre, London

“We booked with Lastminute.com and received a very good...”

Written on: 02/05/2007 by thebigsleeper (11 reviews written)

Good staff very friendly. Hard working young cast. Nice intro and very entertaining.

Old theatre could do with more than a makeover. some found the racuous scenes a little over the top. Choreography was basic could do with more little touches.

General Comments
We booked with Lastminute.com and received a very good price at the Lyric Theatre, London. The theatre wasn't anywhere near full for a Tuesday in early May i'm not sure if this is normal or a sign the show is running out of steam. We enjoyed it though. The sound, dancing, audience interaction were great. Only the choreography let it down a bit. We found the first half veyr light and entertaining lots of laughs and quick scenes and action. Second half slowed down several times and I thought it could get really boring. However some really good twists and turns sets it up for a rousing ending. A long show but enjoyable. Recommended viewing if you can take some nudity. We wont be going back because we've got 20 other shows to get through this year. Also went to see Mama Mia earlier this year. I thought it was better than cabaret but my wife disagreed. She has a habit of changing her mind so i'm hopeful she'll agree with me in a couple of weeks. 4/5

• various including honor blackman

Starring (Main Performers)