Gastrolux Cookware Review

TheHappyCooker's review of Gastrolux Cookware

“I have owned Gastrolux cookware for over 5 years, and...”

Written on: 29/04/2007 by TheHappyCooker (1 review written)

Excellent heat distribution
Non stick
Oven safe handles
Good for flat top stoves
No Teflon or PTFE
Solid warranty
Wide range of products
Can't overheat the product

High price
Glass lids break easily
Does not support induction stoves today

General Comments
I have owned Gastrolux cookware for over 5 years, and it is absolutely the best non-stick cookware available! It is a German company, with not much exposure in North America; however, it is available online. It is a dream to cook with, as we don't need to use oils, and it cleans up spotless with no scrubbing. I was hesitant on the price, but I have been extremely happy overall, and I would highly recommend Gastrolux to anyone that is looking at investing in quality cookware.

Twoday's Response to TheHappyCooker's Review

Written on: 03/05/2007

I have to agree with the Happy Cooker. Over the years I have spent a ton of money on what I was told was the "Best" cookware. However, it never turned out that way until now. I bought am 11" Saute' pan, model 228, and it truly is the "Best" cookware I have ever used. Expensive, yes, but well worth the price. It has a fantastic non-stick surface, that doesn't come off. It has no chemicals like Teflon, as I investigated that thoroughly, and the entire piece can go in the oven, even the glass lid. I wish I would have bought Gastrolux when I was younger. I wonder how much money I would have saved from not throwing out the cheaper pans. A good investment!