Darkstar Wood Review

A7777's review of Darkstar Wood

“This is an ok Deck, but only because it was free. The...”

Written on: 25/04/2007 by A7777 (37 reviews written)

I got it for free, so I can truly say if its good or not. it lasted long, the pop was how i liked it

Its made by the same company as Enjoi, and World Industries in China. Chinese Skateboarding, I shall NEVER support. They reckon by making them in China, it costs us less to buy, which is a LIE. Go to your Skate Shop, and see how these decks cost the SAME as a Canadian or American Made deck.
It chipped a little, and by the next time I Skated it, the chip got bigger, now 1/4 of the tail is gone. I ollied a 3 foot a few times, and it cracked more n more each time (I only weigh 54kg)

General Comments
This is an ok Deck, but only because it was free. The best things in life are free but I wouldn't ever buy one. The pop isn't all that great, although I liked it I guess. The wood itself retained its pop well, and the wood is ok too. I would buy one if it was made un the America's, but I don't want every company making their stuff in China soon, so I'll support THEM by buying their American made products. Darkstar's been a nice experience though, but if they were cheap as world industries (which are the exact same as Darkstar, almost, and Enjoi since they're all dwindle brands), then I might buy one or two. but since they come from China, and cost the same as every other deck, even though the POINT of making them in China was to 'make it cheaper for Skaters to buy', its pretty obvious that they're only made there to make them cheaper to MAKE.

Guest's Response to A7777's Review

Written on: 29/06/2011

dude, i had a free darkstar too, loved the tail and shape, i ollied a 4 block and it never got pressure cracks, only down side to this board i saw was major chipping and a little razor tail but other than that really great