Weihrauch Silencer Review

twostage's review of Weihrauch Silencer

“After using a colleagues silencer from a rimfire for a...”

Written on: 21/04/2007 by twostage (4 reviews written)

After using a colleagues silencer from a rimfire for a few weeks on my Logun Solo I thought I should get one of my own. I wanted to get one that was just as effective so I took it down to my local gunshop (Bagnall and Kirkwood in Newcastle) and asked them if it was OK to try out a few and do a comparison. They happily obliged and choosing a PCP air rifle at random dry fired first through the one I'd brought and then all the compatible silencers they had (i.e. 1/2" UNF thread). In the end it came down to the Weihrauch and an Air Arms. Both were equally quiet (and quieter than the one I'd brought) but I chose the Weihrauch simply because it was matte black whereas the Air Arms had a shiny spiral pattern which I thought would not have worked so well in the field.

As a bonus during the process I found out that Weihrauch is pronounced Virak, not at all what I had in my head.