Toshiba 32ZP18 Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

bozzie555.'s review of Toshiba 32ZP18

Toshiba 32ZP18

“Purchased this TV after an exhaustive search of the...”

Written on: 01/07/2003 by bozzie555. (1 review written)

Excellent pictures, fantastic looks/styling, lots of connections

None discovered as yet.

General Comments
Purchased this TV after an exhaustive search of the widescreen market. My major considerations were style ie. would it look good in my lounge, size and connectivity. It fits the bill in all respects and received great reviews in all the major home cinema magazines.

Something however is driving me crazy and I'm desperately hoping someone can help me out.

I have an LG5620 home cinema system connected to my Toshiba and would like to ensure that the normal televison sound is channeled through my home cinema. How do I go about this? At the moment I've connected the LG home cinema via a scart socket and when playing a DVD the sounds comes through the LG but when watching normal telly, the sound is channeled through my Toshiba telly.

Rich's Response to bozzie555.'s Review

Written on: 07/08/2003

It's a long shot but perhaps things might be different if you could plug the aerial through your DVD system and then from there into your telly. Then you might get the Home Cinema sound for telly as well as DVD. Does that solve the problem?!? Let me know...
<br>
<br>BTW, you didn't say how much this TV cost. I'm looking to get sorted with a 28/32 pure flat and a home cinema/ dvd package for around £800. The packages don't impress me - normally good sound or good vision - never both for the money. So separate TV and Sound system is the way forwards. Around £550 for a TV would be nice. How much is this one and any suggestions in the circumstances?
<br>my e-mail is richburley@Hotmail.com
<br>Cheers!

Tykes2's Response to bozzie555.'s Review

Written on: 12/12/2003

I have just acquired the 32ZP18 and the picture is fantastic. Like you I cannot get my DVD cinema surround sound to work with the TV or digi box and this is a Toshiba (SD43HK), which I was hoping would make things easy.
<br>
<br>Did you manage to get your LG to work?