White 1888 Jeans Machine Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

BeaWacho's review of White 1888 Jeans Machine

“I hem work jeans for my husband as well as guys he...”

Written on: 08/04/2007 by BeaWacho (1 review written)

Works as well as any other machine. Not particularly hard nor easy.

I bought this machine because it is called the Jeans machine, thinking it would sew through layers of denim with ease. It does not. In fact, it sews through those layers no differently than the machine I've had for 20 years.

General Comments
I hem work jeans for my husband as well as guys he works with. The White 1888 Jeans Machine will not sew through all those layers at the seams which was the reason for my purchase of this machine. I blame myself for being unhappy with this machine. I should have tried it before I bought it. I stupidly thought because it was called the Jeans machine, I could hem jeans on it. Because it doesn't do what it's name implies, I just gave it an average, middle of the road rating for all categories.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Misha1's Response to 284801_BeaWacho's Review

Written on: 09/01/2009

I recall when I purchased my machine (many years ago), that I was told it would sew leather and denim with ease, as long as I was using the correct needle. I'm not sure what that needle would be though.<br/><br/>Does anyone have their manual in pdf format? I cannot find my manual anywhere. If anyone can send me a link or a website or e-mail to obtain a copy of the manual for this machine, I would greatly appreciate it. <br/><br/>Thank you.

Misha1's Response to 284801_BeaWacho's Review

Written on: 09/01/2009

Does anyone know where I can access an online user's manual for this model?