K. Patrick Malone, Inside A Haunted Mind Review

Bijoubizarre's review of K. Patrick Malone, Inside A Haunted Mind

K. Patrick Malone, Inside A Haunted Mind

“The main characters, Chief Terry, the old woman and...”

Written on: 02/04/2007 by Bijoubizarre (1 review written)

I got this book in a Galley from a friend and, WOW! What a story. After the first few pages, I couldn't put it down. I was so glad my husband was asleep in the other room. I wouldn't have wanted to be alone. It draws you in and after the first few pages and doesn't let you go. By the end of the first chapter, you're dying to know what happens. The characters seemed so real and alive.

General Comments
The main characters, Chief Terry, the old woman and Grace are some of the most memorable in recent horror memory. You laugh with them, cry for them and cheer for them along the way. I was particualrly struck by the way the relationship between Chief Terry and his mother, Charlotte, was portrayed. It made me cry, reminding me of my relationship with my own mother. As for the scary scenes, it was like a good old-fashioned ghost story, increasing with intensity with each development until you feel your brain is going to pop. I live in an old house too and now when I'm alone and hear a noise, I won't be able to help but look behind me, just in case. They should include a nite light to go along with this book.

• Paperback

Format