Il Divo, Il Divo Review

MagnoliURS's review of Il Divo, Il Divo

Il Divo, Il Divo

“I know that they sing a lot of covers so that...”

Written on: 22/03/2007 by MagnoliURS (1 review written)

Amazing voices, great vocal arrangements and beautiful orchestration! In one word: fabulous!!! One point I must make, they do not sing Opera in any form, that is not their intent. They sing popular songs with lyric voices and classical techniques.

I wish there were more songs on it.

General Comments
I know that they sing a lot of covers so that listeners will know the songs from the tunes but in general I prefer their original songs. I love their voices, individually and together, what beautiful harmonies! The fact that they are all drop-dead gorgeous doesn't hurt either. I have heard a lot of people complain about the fact that most of their songs are sung in other languages. I really think the fact that I can't understand the words helps me to better appreciate their magnificent voices even more. If I want to know what they are singing I go to their website and get a translation.

Three of the four are accomplished Opera stars in their own rights and the fourth member is a successful French pop singer from Paris. For those who don't know, the group is comprised of An American Tenor, David Miller from Denver, Colorado, a Swiss Tenor, Urs Buhler from Lucerne, a Spanish Baritone from Madrid and finally the French pop singer from Paris, Sebastien Izambard.

• None at the moment

Other Artists Listened To