Tom Tom One Review

• Map Accuracy

leeno's review of Tom Tom One

☆☆☆☆☆
Tom Tom One

“My device froze after just 2 uses, wouldn't go beyond...”

Written on: 18/03/2007 by leeno (1 review written)

Small and portable.

It doesn't work! Failed after 2 uses and froze up. My partner has one too, and sometimes the voice is too late telling you to take a turning, you would have missed it.

General Comments
My device froze after just 2 uses, wouldn't go beyond opening screen, wouldn't turn off or do anything.

The TomTom Help phone line is permanently busy.

I emailed them through their website, but they never replied.

Finally, by setting my alarm and phoning first thing, I got a human for support. They had no record of my 2 emails. He advised me to log-on the device to my computer for updates and emailed me the link. I did everything they said, but it didn't work. At least I now had a reliable email contact.

They arranged for the device to be sent to them for repair. A week later they returned it to me saying they found nothing wrong but had replaced the card. I charged it up and found it still had exactly the same problem and did not work. They must have returned it to me without checking it actually worked first.

• UK

Area Covered