Szechuan Chengdu, Buckingham Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Ninagreg's review of Szechuan Chengdu, Buckingham

“We tried this restaurant as a result of reading a...”

Written on: 14/03/2007 by Ninagreg (1 review written)

There was lots of space - we discovered why!

The food was bland - the "oyster sauce" reminded me of bisto.
The staff were surly - a request for directions to the toilet was met with a grunt and head movement.

General Comments
We tried this restaurant as a result of reading a couple of very good reviews. Based on what we found, we were left wondering if there are two restaurants of the same name in Buckingham and we found the wrong one. This was one of the worst experiences of Chinese food I have ever had.

We will not be eating here again.

• Chinese

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

New2Buckingham's Response to Ninagreg's Review

Written on: 07/09/2009

I found this review not helpful because...I went there myself the other day. Also based on previous reviews and it was spot on. Exactly what I expected. The only thing I would say is the restaurant is a little bit difficult to locate. It is tucked away inside a shopping mall, not on main street. We almost went to the one upstairs. We did after experiencing Chengdu and we suspected this reader went to this restaurant. My advice is - do not trust any rating. Just go and see for yourself. I highly recommend this restaurant.