Taba Heights, Three Corners El Wekala Resort Review

kayway90's review of Taba Heights, Three Corners El Wekala Resort

“3 Adults, 3 children ages 14,18,20. ”

Written on: 13/03/2007 by kayway90 (1 review written)

All.

Only wish I could return more often.

General Comments
3 Adults, 3 children ages 14,18,20.

This was our second holiday at this hotel and we took the kids this time, or should I say young adults.

This hotel is not on the sea front but what makes up for this is the fact that it is very much a smaller hotel and very friendly. It has a heated pool and yes it was heated when we where there.

You do not need to take a towel as they provide you with a beach towel card, they even provide towels at the beach.

The staff remembered us as we visited the same time last year. Which meant they spoilt us rotten. We had fresh fruit placed in our rooms twice during our 2 weeks stay. Our daughter was not feeling too well for a couple of days so didn't come down for meals. They even took breakfast to her room, which included fresh orange juice. At one stage, staff where even taking cups of coffee out of my hand and placing it on our table at breakfast.

My daughter turned 18 while we where there, they made her a cake complete with her name and sang around her.

The rooms are very clean and the shower is to die for. Towels changed daily, we never know what to expect on our return to our room. Towel sculptures of swans. crocodiles, love hearts etc. At one point, even a person on the bed made out of a blanket and towels. It was nice to come back to. There is even a hairdryer in their bathroom.

Meals are nice and always hot. Oh and watch the soup, I burnt my mouth it was that hot. The bread rolls etc. were fresh everyday and expect chips only once a week. There was always another potato option. Breakfast was another big meal and pancakes, which the kids will love, are made fresh in front of you.

There is a great view from where you have your meals, whether you are eating in or out. The Golf course is now open and it sits in front of the hotel.

You can get the free bus to the beach where you will find the hotel's very own beach complete with pool, bar (none alcohol only) and of course free towels. The sea is great for snorkeling, turn left at the beach walk to the last hotel and snorkel off the very last landing stage, straight in front for about 100 yards, it's amazing there, we even saw turtles.

Trips we found were a lot cheaper and better value for money and service if you went with MAX, the rep is in the reception at a fixed table with a computer. We booked all our trips with him at a rate of about 30% cheaper. A massive saving due to there being 6 of us. Example of a trip he did for us was 6 to Dahab £80 and then our daughter swam with dolphins in an newly opened place at a cost of £60, bargain. We even went quad biking during the same trip for £12 each and it lasted about 1.5 hours. It was great! A must do trip is the blue hole, again go with MAX, much cheaper. With MAX you have the guide and bus all day and he will do the day at a pace for you. Not like travel agents tours.

I would recommend that you either take some USD or use the bank at the back of the hotel to get your money, don't do like we did the first time and take Egyptian money with you, you get a very poor exchange rate at home.

You give the bank your card, they swipe it in the bank's machine and give you the cash you require with no commission and the exchange rate is what you see in the bank. Brilliant! After-all, you will be all inclusive so who needs money for the first day there. There is now a supermarket open at the back of the hotel, cheapest place to buy for souvenirs and it stocks a good range of stuff.

All that there is left to say is, enjoy your holiday and if you are there in November 2007 we may even see you there.

Rachelrjw1's Response to kayway90's Review

Written on: 29/07/2007

Hi
<br/>Myself and my husband are due to go here in 3 weeks time, this will be our first time to Egypt! Very nervous and excited, can you tell me if you tip in English or Egyptian. So we don't need to take towels? Can we get a Visa when we are there.
<br/>Thanks, I found your info very useful.

Kayway90's Response to kayway90's Review

Written on: 09/08/2007

hi again, it really does not matter.. I will not be taking Egyptian £ as exchange rate in uk is very poor.. you can get Egyptian £ at Resort at the back of the hotel in the bank. and at a lot better exchange rate. thats what we shall do when we go back in Nov. $ are good for trips with MAX. as the $ against the Egyptian £ is better then £ against the Egyptian £. All in all. i know it seems a bit confusing. but you can not go wrong with taking $ and English £.
<br/>
<br/>Have a great relaxing hols
<br/>Diane

Rachelrjw1's Response to kayway90's Review

Written on: 01/08/2007

Thanks once again very useful. I have read on some sites that you should take dollars and not Egyptian money is this right, I am getting so confused on what money to take? I was going to take Egyptian but debating whether to take dollars and euros now.
<br/>We just want a nice relaxing holiday where there is sun sea and sand can't wait to do a bit of snorkeling - really excited.
<br/>Thanks
<br/>Rachel

Kayway90's Response to kayway90's Review

Written on: 31/07/2007

Hi, glad you found my review useful, you can tip in both. Tip £1 when maids take case to your room that is more then enough for them and they will be very happy with that. They do not expect you to tip all the time. We only tipped at the end and they still gave us brilliant service. Visa's you have the option to buy them at the airport on your arrival, which we did. You only need one if you go outside of the Sinai, i.e Cairo. Don't forget to go with Max if you go on trips they are loads cheaper and better value. We are going back in Nov ,Feb and May. I Cannot wait. Remember though that there is not much there, we go to get away from it all and relax.
<br/>
<br/>Hope this helps need any more info please ask.