RWS 34 Diana Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

braulio1493's review of RWS 34 Diana

“I've had this rifle for over a year now and I decided...”

Written on: 01/03/2007 by braulio1493 (7 reviews written)

Everything. the stock , the scope that mines came with, and the overall quality of the rifle.

Kind of heavy, but if my 9 year old son can shoot it i'm pretty sure anyone can.

General Comments
I've had this rifle for over a year now and I decided that its time to write up a good review about it. I got this rifle by cobraairguns.com and do suggest that if your going to get it, to get it from this website. This rifle is very accurate (up to 90 yards with the scope). This rifle is a breeze to cock and load, anyone can do it. My friend has a FX GLADIATOR which is very expensive, and I personally like this one better because of its power (1000 fps).

One thing that I wished that I would have known before, was that they also had it in .22 (mine's a .177). This rifle is made in Germany and has excellent quality. I got it for 280$ but now you can get it for 225$. One problem that I had with my rifle was that the lubricants that the rifle came with took a long time to dissipate so I wouldn't oil it during the break in period. I also suggest that if you have the money to get RWS Magnum 350. I'm planning on giving this one to my son, because he's getting bigger now and all of the kids have one except for him. So I am planning on upgrading to one of them 350 magnums for me. i also didnt like the fact that such a awesome rifle would come in a cheap cardboard box like my son's Daisy Red Rider.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Written on: 05/03/2007

Hello braulio1493's, this is Pedro from Portugal. Hope everything is ok, just to tell you that I own two RWS Dianas - a 34 from 1993 and a 350 Magnum from 2006 and both came in cheap cardboard boxes.
<br/>The reason is this: German&#039;s are very ecologist/ambientalist protectors (which I agree with), so the box in which the air guns come are made of recycled cardboard. Regards.

377768_Bogoman's Response to braulio1493's Review

Written on: 28/06/2008

Where did you buy your replacement parts.

Written on: 13/03/2007

It&#039;s good to know that you solved your problem, despite these plastic triggers aren&#039;t in fact of exemplar quality. Regards.

Written on: 10/03/2007

Hello braulio1493, could you tell me how did that trigger get broke?
<br/>I would really appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Braulio1493's Response to braulio1493's Review

Written on: 10/03/2007

No the trigger simply broke off when the it was squeezed. Thanks for the advice i contacted the nearby rifle shop and i ordered 2 replacement triggers for 9.95$. I still think that the rifle is excellent even though the trigger is kind of cheap, but 9.95$ isn't such a bad price considering such a good rifle. To answer your question I've had this rifle for a pretty long time and probably shot about 10,000 shots through it.

Written on: 09/03/2007

Hello braulio1493, I totally understand your disappointment with the rifle – if it had happened to me, I would also got very disappointed. I really wasn’t expecting it to break.
<br/>I checked to see what was my RWS 34 trigger made of, (since I have other rifles I keep this stored), although my rifle was produced in 1993, it already has a PLASTIC trigger.
<br/>I really do not understand why does Diana produce these items in plastic instead of steel – is it CHEAPER for them?
<br/>The trigger got out of its place, or got really broke?
<br/>Did it break when your son was just cocking the rifle, or when he pressed the trigger to shoot?
<br/>How many shots have the rifle?
<br/>How much time does the rifle have?
<br/>
<br/>You should contact the place where you bought it, explain the situation and report that trigger as a low quality material, and with some luck maybe they will get you a replacement for free.
<br/>Try posting your comment in the comments of other reviewers so they may see it and give you their opinion.
<br/>
<br/>I wish you a fast and satisfactory resolution of your problem, and I would really appreciate your answer, as I think it might already happened some time ago at one the reviewers. Thank you.

Braulio1493's Response to braulio1493's Review

Written on: 09/03/2007

I take back what i said about the rifle. MY SON BROKE THE TRIGGER. I was right next to him when it happened he cocked it and then loaded it normally, like always and then CLICK!! The trigger broke off. I'm very disappointed at RWS and I'm not going to buy their RWS mag 350.