The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

diner2000's review of The Indian Summer Ash, Hampshire

“Over £300,000 was spent when Mr Bhatt purchased the...”

Written on: 26/02/2007 by diner2000 (1 review written)

None.

To many to list.

General Comments
Over £300,000 was spent when Mr Bhatt purchased the former Nightingale pub near Normandy, Surrey and converted it into The Indian Summer Restaurant, promising a dining experience of the highest quality.

Myself, friends and colleagues found our visit in the opening week to be excellent, great food, good service - although expensive we felt it was all in all a good experience.

However, now the Indian Summer in Ash is a little more established I feel that service has dropped and I have heard similar stories of customers waiting a long time for starters.

• Indian

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Diner2000's Response to diner2000's Review

Written on: 02/03/2007

I agree with this review, we have been to the Indian Summer in Ash/Normandy 3 times, poor service, rude staff and uncooked food all featured!
<br/>
<br/>Don&#039;t waste your time or money.

Chimaera's Response to diner2000's Review

Written on: 05/02/2008

I disagree to the comments above. As a regular eater there (approx twice a month) I have to say we find the staff very friendly and always welcoming (but maybe this is because we are regular returning customers). The food is by far the best out of the local Indian restaurants. The only thing I can concur with is the food is a bit on the pricey side but worth it (as its almost on my door step so I do not need drive or get Taxis to get there etc).