Intel Pentium III Review

• Ease of Set Up

Mr Downs.'s review of Intel Pentium III

Intel Pentium III

“Always tended to use Intel in the past and had plans...”

Written on: 19/07/2001 by Mr Downs. (1 review written)

Beats the Pentium 4 on perfromance and price, overclockable

Need a good heatsink and 300 watt power supply

General Comments
Always tended to use Intel in the past and had plans to build a Pentium 4 system for myself but on closer investigation into the price I was put off.

I found the Thunderbird to be a very reliable processor, it has been tested to the max since the day I finished my PC and I have not been let down yet.

I have a 1.3GHz setup with Gefore III graphics card and 512MB SDRAM and my machine now boots up far faster than I imagined it would.

Easy to install, plenty of places seem to sell and stock the high end models but make sure you only get the 266FSB version if you motherboard supports it, I almost purchased the wrong one as my motherboard will only do the 200FSB.

It is also worth using some heat compound between the processor and heatsink as I found that this knocks a few degress of the operating temp.

4862_Bill Gates Evil Twin.'s Response to 2996_Mr Downs.'s Review

Written on: 12/10/2001

Err... Are you reviewing the Pentium 3 or the AMD Thunderbird? They are made by different people y'know!
<br>The P3 is a pretty good processer with HUGE support although the AMD Thunderbird and Athalon chip have surged ahead in popularity ad reputation. <p>Due to the lower price and increase in support and interest in AMD chips I am buying A 1.1 Athalon system cheap rather that a P4 cos it will still kick ass in the years to come (+ I can upgrade cheaper) without loosing the performance of a P4. So what ever you are on about I agree :-) (I'd buy an athlon next if you do have a pentium 3 the newest AMD chips are stunning!)