Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Review

june1098's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“Have tried 4 coats and it still will not scrape artex...”

Written on: 19/02/2007 by june1098 (1 review written)

None yet.

Very hard going and not removing very well at all after leaving overnight with 4 coats.

General Comments
Have tried 4 coats and it still will not scrape artex off. Bought a heavy duty scraper and even scored the walls and still only comes of in little bits and is very hard going. We bought the big container at £100. Any ideas what to do next?

Helen Of Troy's Response to june1098's Review

Written on: 28/02/2007

I thought about buying this stuff but decided against it as it could only be bought on the net. It is a lot of money to fork out if, like what happened to you, it doesn't work. We have a problem with textured walls in our house and have been struggling to remove it little by little with a steamer. The largest part we think we may have to plasterboard. So I too would be very interested to see if anyone else has any ideas!

Pbp's Response to june1098's Review

Written on: 03/04/2007

Hi. I saw you had problem with the X-Tex product. I also had a problem in one of my rooms and found that it was because the artex was painted over many times with emulsions.
<br/>
<br/>I had to remove the paint before I could get to the artex. The same product did remove the paint, but I had to leave it overnight and cover it with plastic film. I then used a long handle blade scraper and it came off okay. I had to repeat this once more without using the film this time to get back to plaster.
<br/>
<br/>I have tried steaming and other solvent products and find this to be the best. Stripping anything off is not the same everytime as I sure found out when three rooms cleaned off really easily and one didn't. But I honestly feel that this product was the best bet by far.