Beeman R1 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

airwoods's review of Beeman R1

“I own a San Rafeal model Beeman R1 laser .177 cal....”

Written on: 19/02/2007 by airwoods (3 reviews written)

Quality, power, accuracy, pride of ownership

None

General Comments
I own a San Rafeal model Beeman R1 laser .177 cal. This gun has not been shot since the early nineties and still shows an 1150 fps average on my chrony using Silver Bears and 1010 fps using Beeman FPS and 840 fps using Beeman Kodiaks. Besides the laser mod I've also had the barrel angle correction done for scope use and this gun is accurate using all pellets. This beauty was a Christmas present from my father over 20 years ago and taking a new interest in air guns I'm glad i still have this gun and would not trade for any other air gun out there. Very smooth and consistent and now that I've learned how to shoot this gun, very very accurate.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Marlon James's Response to airwoods's Review

Written on: 11/11/2007

Wow, not shot since the early nineties eh. How did the bluing fair? Did it rust? Any internal clotting of oils? How did you take out the old lube? During a cold winter, even in my gun safe there developed some rusting due to moisture. No pitting occurred but the rusting is minor on my R-1.