Reggae Reggae Sauce Review

I Know Best's review of Reggae Reggae Sauce

Reggae Reggae Sauce

“One word to describe Reggae Reggae Sauce: Bellissimo!!! ”

Written on: 14/02/2007 by I Know Best (37 reviews written)

Delicous!
Soon to be mass produced

Expensive but worth every penny

General Comments
One word to describe Reggae Reggae Sauce: Bellissimo!!!

I've been given Reggae Reggae Sauce as a present in the past (I love my chicken) but most people would have been unaware of this sensational jerk chicken sauce until last week. Many readers will have first become aware of Reggae Reggae Sauce on the cult program Dragons Den as the sauce's creator, Mr Levi Roots made a pitch to the bloodthirsty Dragons. Levi wanted the backing to send his sauce into mass productioon and after serenading the Dragons he got his wish as Richard Farley and Peter Jones both chucked in £25,000 each in exchange for a 20% equity stake (each) into this gorgeous sauce.

Thats great news for Levi and great news for you because this sauce is the tops. This secret recipe adds music to your food by retaining a wonderfully tasting mix of garlic, peppers, herbs and spices.

Reggae Reggae Sauce isn't cheap though, retailing at £4.50 per bottle on the official Reggae Reggae Sauce website - still worth a sample though! However according to the newspapers it will soon be in mass production with Sainsburys on the verge of becoming a major supplier. Hopefully when this happens the price will drop due to economies of scale, I will also be interested to see whether the magic of Reggae Reggae Sauce will be lost in a mass produced environment - hopefully not!!

Good luck to Levi and give this sauce a try!!!!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 14/02/2007

I wish Levi all the best in his venture, and I will certainly purchase a bottle of Reggae Reggae Sauce. Great review!!!

Laurnaquinnorangehomecoukfs's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 10/02/2008

I watched levi on dragons den,you sold your product well.i was so pleased when you got the funding for your sauce.the only thing that put me off buying it was the fact it had to be used within a few days of opening, surely when its mass made, something could be put in to give it a longer life span.

Mskiki's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 14/04/2007

I don't watch television very often, and I didn't see the TV programme that advertised the Reggae Reggae Sauce. I picked some up in Sainsbury's a few weeks ago, off a promotional rack, and I liked the look of the ingredients, so I tried it. I try to eat healthily, and I liked the fact the ingredients were natural and there were no artificial flavourings on the label.
<br/>
<br/>Oh boy, I am addicted! I am vegetarian, so I have been using it to marinade Quorn chunks and steaks overnight, then roasting them the next day. It's so delicious. My boyfriend has now been converted too - he's a meat-eater, and he has used it on his chicken and bacon as a marinade, and also as a sauce on veg, and he loves it too.
<br/>
<br/>I wish I could see the programme now, but I am glad that I came to it unaware of the hype and that it has sold itself to me on its own merits.
<br/>
<br/>Many thanks and best of luck to Mr Roots for the future!

Wpw's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 11/03/2007

£1.49 in Sainsburys apparently!

281300_Chris Thorley's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 09/03/2007

Levi was so good and so entertaining on Dragons Den when he went on, and the song he made up for Reggae Reggae sauce was just fantastic, so I will definitely be purchasing some Reggae Reggae sauce!!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 09/03/2007

I can&#039;t wait to get my hands on a few bottles of this sauce, I sure am hungry!

Written on: 08/03/2007

I got 2 bottles. £1.49 each. Thanks to this review and all the commenters (Good old Review Centre!) for putting me on to this one! I have so far only had a lick and the taste is great! I am going to use this in a few dishes and as a chip dipping sauce I think!
<br/>
<br/>What does everyone else think first taste?
<br/>
<br/>I couldn&#039;t find it on the shelf for sauces so went back to the Customer Service Desk to ask WHY! Then I spotted a display next to the Customer Service Desk, as the young chap came over to help, I told him I had wondered why I couldn&#039;t find it on the sauces shelves! I grabbed two bottles, at that price I think they will sell out quickly especially as at the moment Sainsbury&#039;s are the only Supermarket selling it!
<br/>As I walked away the young man announced the arrival of Reggae Reggae sauce over the Tannoy, explaining it was exclusive to Sainsbury&#039;s and the product of Levi Roots. So Levi, you can be assured you will have a few fans of your sauce down here in Devon, that&#039;s for sure!

Written on: 07/03/2007

I&#039;m off to Sainsburys tomorrow to get me a bottle of Reggae Reggae Sauce!!

177005_Chris N's Response to I Know Best's Review

Hi guys,
<br/>
<br/>Just to let you know you can now pick up a bottle of the famous sauce itself for £1.49 - BARGAIN!!!:
<br/>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6424021.stm
<br/>
<br/>You can also get your hands on the potentially hit single too!!

Lozbecause's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 07/03/2007

What happened to the last of the home-brew?
<br/>
<br/>BBC 2 Dragon’s Den winner Levi Roots, the UK based International Reggae singer/writer/producer sold the last 350 bottles of his home-brewed Reggae Reggae sauce at the Destinations Shows. The factory-made sauce will be stocked from today in Sainsbury's accompanied by a chart release of the Reggae Sauce song tomorrow... yeeha!
<br/>
<br/>Levi Roots (Alias Keith Graham) held sampling of the spicy Reggae Reggae Sauce created from his grandmother’s secret recipe at The Times presents Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Shows and those who were lucky enough to buy the last of the home-brew got signed bottles! The sauce sold out within minutes, each day of the Show...

Written on: 25/02/2007

Check Levi out. What a complete bonus.
<br/>www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9lENam7zbw

Written on: 24/02/2007

I contacted Levi via his web site. The guys a gentleman, and he personally replies to all emails. I ordered 2 bottles of his Reggae Reggae sauce. The £4.50 you pay per bottle also includes postage and packaging costs, which softens the blow to your wallet a little.
<br/>Here is Levis reply to my email.
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for all your support. The feedback has been overwhelming!
<br/>I am so sorry that my Reggae Reggae Sauce is not readily available in all stores nationwide as yet. However, if at any time your are in the Brixton area (South West London), you can purchase the sauce from one of our outlets @ 'Reds Records' on Brixton Road.
<br/>
<br/>Alternatively you can buy it online at www.reggaereggaesauce.com and go to "products".
<br/>
<br/>For mail orders please email your address and post cheque's payable to 'Reggae Reggae Sauce' to the address given above. Only a maximum of three bottles can be ordered at one time, each costing £4.50.
<br/>Example: Three bottles will cost you in total: £13.50
<br/>This payment includes postage and packaging.
<br/>
<br/>My CD's are also available to buy online.
<br/>The responses from the Reggae Reggae Sauce song has been fantastic, and I will be recording it tomorrow and will have it ready to download by the end of the week.
<br/>To view raw footage of the Reggae Reggae Sauce song, please visit YouTube and search Levi Roots.
<br/>
<br/>It won't be long now before everyone can get to "Put some music in their food".
<br/>
<br/>Please keep visiting the website and leave any details or e-mail me. I will personally be in touch. But first I have got to answer all these 4000+ e-mails that you have all sent me!!
<br/>One Love.
<br/>Levi Roots.
<br/>Reggae Reggae Sauce.

I Know Best's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 15/02/2007

Thanks for your positive feedback everyone. I love Dragons Den, and I will certainly be keeping my eyes open for Reggae Reggae Sauce on the Sainsburys shelves. Good on Levi! He clearly wasn't the finished article as a businessman, but had a great product and bags of enthusiasm. Shame on Duncan, Meaden and Theo for missing a Golden Opportunity!

Designintuition's Response to I Know Best's Review

Written on: 15/02/2007

Watched the Dragon's Den presentation for Reggae Reggae Sauce.
<br/>If anyone deserves to have a successful product 'Keith' does. If everyone could be as excited and motivated about their business and/or idea, the UK would be leading the world again.
<br/>
<br/>I haven't tasted it yet, but the wife's already said that as soon as she spots it she'll buy it...

Written on: 14/02/2007

It tastes so nice they had to name it twice, reggae reggae sauce! Great review.

Written on: 14/02/2007

I usually watch Dragon's Den, but I missed this one!
<br/>I love sauces, so I will certainly try this sauce when it goes on sale at Sainsbury's.
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your excellent review. I will be looking out for Reggae Reggae Sauce now!