Dogsey www.dogsey.com Review

Dogmad's review of Dogsey www.dogsey.com

“I was in at the start of Dogsey when it was known as...”

Written on: 12/02/2007 by Dogmad (31 reviews written)

Set up with the best of intentions.

The owner of the site has in place many restrictive rules, such as no cross posting between forums, this in its self is fine, in practice it doesn't work as the owner is happy to see cross posting if it advertises his forum.

Members can be argumentative, especially if advice is questioned.

Too many others to mention.

The owner is selective to which topics can be discussed with in the forum, if you work your dog you won't be welcome there, but then there are much better forums out there on all the issues that Dogsey claims to cover

General Comments
I was in at the start of Dogsey when it was known as Dogweb, the information on the face of it looks good, but it must be remembered that the the poster may have no idea what they are talking about, there are no checks to a posters credentials as to their qualification to give advice, in some cases such as veterinary advice and behavioural issues it can be counter productive to take this advice.

It should be remembered that the members of Dogsey are on the whole pet owners with no formal qualifications.

320891_Shona2399's Response to Dogmad's Review

Written on: 30/10/2007

Hi dogmad I am sorry you feel this way about dogsey,,, truely, I can only assume you have had bad experience with it, but I also work my dogs, I have never found it to be a problem on the site, in fact the opposite, Others are often very interested in the training and so on, I also on occasion offer advice re training problems, I see no problem with this, Am I a behaviourist,,,No, do I have a formal qualification NO, I have never felt the need to do it, my record talks for its self,