Sony Ericsson T300 Review

• Reception

• Style

brianv.'s review of Sony Ericsson T300

Sony Ericsson T300

“Having read some of the previous reviews it is...”

Written on: 16/06/2003 by brianv. (1 review written)

Text system, joystick, clear screen, polyphonic tones, good clear voice calls

Key presses click a bit loudly (the physical click not the speaker click). Haven't found any other problems yet!

General Comments
Having read some of the previous reviews it is interesting to note just how wide opinion can be! Just goes to show that one device, what ever it is, can't be everything to everyone! I have just replaced a Panasonic GD67 with this Sony Ericsson T300 mainly because I had dropped it and the speaker was now working intermittently. But I'm very glad I did!

I text a lot and the text system on the T300 is streets ahead of the Panasonic! I like the way it counts down the last 25 characters of the message and then flashes up a message if you have long texts switched on and you spill over into a new message. I missed this kind of thing when I moved from a Nokia to the Panasonic, but the T300 system works far better!

Some of the reviewers have complained about the speed of the text editing, but I don't find it annoying at all. Sure, I can sometimes type a little faster than it, but nothing major. The way it pops up a list of possible words as you type is a great boon! It's different from the likes of the Nokia and the Panasonic and took a little time to get used to! About 5 minutes! All in all I like the text system including its menus! It doesn't take long to navigate thru them and the phone book works well, once you understand how it works it! I can find any entry faster than I could with the Panasonic or the Nokia!

But each to his own and you may find that it doesn't work for you!

I am now quite used to the menu structure and the use of the joystick and can navigate round the phone very easily!

Locking the keypad is certainly quicker than the Panasonic and only takes two key presses (not the 3 or more some reviewers have suggested)! One on the quick menu key and then either key 1 or a press on the joystick! Easy!

As for the battery.... what's the problem? If anything I had slight difficulty getting it out! People have said they worried about it dropping out, but how? The back holds it in place anyway!

The phone is chunkier than some of the latest models, but I actually like that! It feels more comfortable and more robust.

I got this camera from the O2 shop for half price WITH the camera! I haven't tried the pics on the PC and to be honest I probably won't be using it much! But it's there if I need it!

The screen has good resolution and although it only has 256 colours that's not a problem unless you want to play the latest games or use it for serious pics! If that's the case then choose another the phone!

I got used to the phone fairly quickly. How long? Well, let's see... I bought it yesterday so... about a day!! It really is that simple to use! I don't see what some of the other reviewers are complaining about!

For the money I can't recommend this phone enough! So it's not the latest and greatest, so what? I have a pay-monthly sim-only deal from O2 that I don't want to lose so I have to upgrade by buying a phone only or a Pay-As-You-Go! The new phones on pay as you go can cost £180+ and phone only can be £300+!! That's too steep for a phone! This little baby cost me £75! This is a great phone for this price! If you can find one, buy it!!!

• Reception

• Style

Ronaldo.'s Response to 107639_brianv.'s Review

Written on: 09/07/2003

Hi brianv do ya think u could help me?
<br>
<br>I am deciding between a Sony-Ericsson T300 and a Motorola T270i

Sapphireclarinet.'s Response to 107639_brianv.'s Review

Written on: 15/07/2003

if i were you, id rather choose the SE T300, but yes the motorola has a bigger screen with more colors, but the t300 is a better phone,the ringtones r louder and better, the menus is way faster and it doesnt feel cheapy and flimsy like the moto t720i..........i hope this helps you