Sony DCR-TRV265E Review

• Battery Life

dangerdavies's review of Sony DCR-TRV265E

☆☆☆☆☆
Sony DCR-TRV265E

“I bought this product April 2004, used it a few times...”

Written on: 10/02/2007 by dangerdavies (1 review written)

None.

Screen decides to die when just outside warranty for some reason, quite convenient.

General Comments
I bought this product April 2004, used it a few times with no problems other than the software they give you with it is rubbish (basically doesn't work with other non Sony products like a laptop for instance). Then in mid 2006 the LCD screen and eyepiece viewer decided to die. The screen is just black records no video whatsoever just audio. Apparently in America they're repairing this for free on US models but I'm in the UK and i don't seem to count. Keep well away from this camcorder and well away from Sony, I'm never buying anything Sony ever again.

• Over 1 Year

Time Camcorder Owned

Jerseyf1's Response to 277856_dangerdavies's Review

Written on: 03/03/2008

Sorry to say but this review is the height of nonsense to put it politely on this friendly site. I have a Acer computer and this software worked perfectly, only on Vista does the software not work but there is a update available to download if you do have a firewire port. I also suspect that dangerdavie has only just got a faulty camera. I also bought my camera in 2004 and it has lasted till 2008 with the only problem being that the heads are starting to fail (this may be old age on the camera, but about a year ago I accidentally left the camera on a tripod in windy weather which resulted in it falling). So I honestly say it is blown out of proportions this review and I believe that it was just a faulty camera on Sony's behalf. Oh and davie, I think you will probably buy a new sony product one day, I was the same with the Playstation's which failed on me but then I received a PS3 at a price I couldn't refuse.

391988_Liamhouldsworth's Response to 277856_dangerdavies's Review

Written on: 14/08/2008

i had the same problem with the vision dying on me! :(

Gwyllt's Response to 277856_dangerdavies's Review

Written on: 19/05/2008

bought mine in 2005 but now has the same problems with a black screen & viewfinder & only recording audio, is there an easy fix or is it a new camera?