Colmans Mustard Review

Anonymous101's review of Colmans Mustard

Colmans Mustard

“Only Colman's would do in our house or around my...”

Written on: 08/02/2007 by Anonymous101 (1 review written)

The "ultimate" in mustard producers

None

General Comments
Only Colman's would do in our house or around my Nanna's for Sunday Lunch. I must admit, I was a bit wary to say the least when it came to putting mustard on my Sunday Dinner as a younger lad. I loved mint on my potatoes, and it wasn't that unusual to find Piccalilli on my plate too, but when it came to mustard I felt my young taste buds maybe couldn't "handle" the raw heat experience of Colman's mustard. Our Nanna always had a tube of Colman's mustard, and it was always present for Sunday lunch. One weekend my little brother asked if he could try some mustard on his Roast Beef. I think he was attracted by the vivid yellow colour of the product. "You won't like it little Lee, it's too hot" was the call from my Mum", "but I want some" was my younger siblings answer. It was decided that "little" Lee could have some on his dinner, and he didn't flinch one iota as the beef with mustard was consumed. "I want some more", he asked. I was gobsmacked as Lee proceeded to scoff all his lunch with added gusto, and he really seemed to enjoy his first taste of Colman's Mustard indeed.

The next Sunday I tried some, and I have to admit, it was far too hot for me, but over the years I have built up a good resistance to that initial "heat sensation" that didn't seem to faze "little" Lee one bit, and Colman's Mustard has become an integral part of my families Sunday dining experience.

I would highly recommend Colman's, as it is delicious, and I would recommend purchasing those tubes (like toothpaste) rather than the "squeezy" bottles. Just out of interest, "little" Lee still orders a hotter curry than me when we eat Indian cuisine, but I think he's still just "showing off" in front of their lass!!

Helen Of Troy's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 08/02/2007

Excellent review Micky! I bet our word association game in the forums jogged that lovely memory of your childhood! Colmans - next word - Bull!!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 14/03/2007

Colmans powder!!, Colmans actually supply a product which allows you to be in charge of the heat intensity of your mustard, I'm surprised more people haven't been hurt!

Garryf's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 08/02/2007

Mickey, it sounds like you're ready for the REAL THING. Get a tub of Colmans English Mustard Powder. Mix as per instructions. Wait at least 20 minutes. Then taste the difference. WOW!!