Bosch AXT 2000 HP 200w Electric Review

Grahammon's review of Bosch AXT 2000 HP 200w Electric

Bosch AXT 2000 HP 200w Electric

“I read all of the reviews, and I would have gone for...”

Written on: 06/02/2007 by Grahammon (1 review written)

As other reviewers say, it is quiet.
Can cut small garden rubbish all day

Underpowered. Really struggles with plants over 20mm.
The restricted hopper opening stops mishaped branches from entering. This was really frustrating. Cannot shred garden roses - stalls at the graft, not on just one, but any rose I put in.
Does not come anywhere close to shredding 38mm that it claims to be able to do. 1" (25mm) max, and you really feel for the motor, as it struggles and will stall.

General Comments
I read all of the reviews, and I would have gone for the AXT 2200, but our local B&Q didn't have it in, but I was impressed by the scores given here, so I went for the Quiet AXT2000. I purchased it to do my mums garden, which has gone past mature and needs thinning out. It has Pyracantha Conteneaster Holly bushes, roses that are past their best etc around 6ft in size, so are reasonably substantial, but the branches were varied, from very small to 30mm. I had to reject and cut anything above 22mm, as it just stalled. Due to the restricted opening, it was a hassle getting in any branches that were not straight, to engage in the rotating screw mechanism. This became a really frustrating operation, and I was not a happy bunny. At the end of the day, I had shredded a 6 ft Pyrancantha, holly and Coteneaster.

Not a great deal. Feels that you are playing with a lightweight DIY tool that keeps stalling.

343400_Bobscouser's Response to Grahammon's Review

Written on: 06/02/2008

I wish I could be complimentary about this shredder, because it is not cheap! Even at peak performance its cutting was not good or very quick, and it jammed too often on a variety of slender branches. It can't handle cuttings that aren't almost dead straight. Ultimately the jam proved terminal, as even partial dismantling failed to free the wood. I've binned the wretched machine.