Epiphone Sheraton II Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

babsbath's review of Epiphone Sheraton II

Epiphone Sheraton II

“I've had my sheraton for 10 years now, and in all that...”

Written on: 31/01/2007 by babsbath (1 review written)

Will last for ever.
Handles a great variety of situations.
Feels very natural to play

Scratchy electrics.

General Comments
I've had my sheraton for 10 years now, and in all that time, other guitars have come and gone but this is the one I keep coming back to. It just feels like a very natural guitar to play, and it can be very hard to put down. It sounds awesome, but the think I like most is that it's very versatile and is capable of a huge variety of moods. I play through a pod, and it holds up well for everything from hard distorted numbers - a great, full-throated grunt - to quieter jazzy pieces (which is handles with a lot of warmth). The sunburst has mellowed down since I had it and got a bit darker, and I'm convinced but the sound has mellowed up a bit in that time too, but maybe thats just to my ears.

Bad points?.. well I've replaced the pots but thats about it. I keep meaning to replace the tuning pegs as it can go flat with lots of very hard bends, but this is basically a lovely, lovely guitar

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard