On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk Review

Amylmills's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“Myself and my friends were looking into booking a...”

Written on: 30/01/2007 by Amylmills (1 review written)

There are no good points.

I would like to voice my complaint about the company OTbeach.com which has treated me unfairly.

General Comments
Myself and my friends were looking into booking a package holiday and were looking around for the best deals. On the Beach offered £875.00, after some consideration we decided to book a hotel with someone else and the flights only through On the Beach, which was advertised at £724.00. We put in our card details for the flight only and on the booking screen it said, why not check out our hotels as well, there was no option to pay a deposit only, so we decided to pay the full amount of £724.00 plus a credit card charge. I then received an email saying that the package holiday has been booked, not just the flights, at a cost of £936.00 which included a CC card of £22.83.

I phoned to speak with customer services and was put through to an automated line saying they operate an email only customer service policy, I emailed to ask them to call me and just received an email back to say that, the package deal is what you have ordered. It has been nine days and still my query is not dealt with. I have now checked with the credit card company and they have taken £985.00 off the card, which is £261.00 more than we authorized in the first place and £110.00 more than the package holiday cost on their website.

This could happen to more people. It was obviously a fault with their system and I had three people with me when we booked it and they all will confirm we booked a flight only, we checked it three times to make sure all the information was correct.

Frankly their Customer Service is awful and I would never advise anyone to use them ever again.

I have never had any problems with booking a holiday before but this is already a holiday from hell experience before we have even been.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk

Shelleygalvin's Response to Amylmills's Review

Written on: 23/02/2007

I have also had this problem but the opposite way round. I booked a complete package holiday but was only sent confirmation for the flights. At first they let me add on the hotel straight away but then I received confirmation with a higher price than I had been quoted. I rang to query this but nobody would talk to me. When they finally did, they told me it was because there was no online discount, as it was a phone booking but I booked online! I will never book with this company again! To this day I am trying to get my discount, I have contacted ABTA to obtain some advice.

onthebeach.co.uk