Navman F20 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

RedOnRed's review of Navman F20

Navman F20

“I can't believe I've had the same Navman F20 as all...”

Written on: 29/01/2007 by RedOnRed (13 reviews written)

Screen suction mount!

Cluttered map. Poor at setting house numbers on a postcode search and for home. Poor voice guidance.

General Comments
I can't believe I've had the same Navman F20 as all the other F20 unit reviews around!

My benchmark is a Garmin Streetpilot i3 which I've been a user of for over a year but thought I would upgrade to a more up to date unit with extra features. Unfortunately, the F20 didn't fit that bill for me.

I found the maps to be very unclear and cluttered. It assigned the wrong house number to my home address which couldn't be changed and was just plain annoying. On a postcode search it wouldn't allow me to add a house number and would randomly assign a number which couldn't be changed. The voice guidance was a backwards step even by the Garmin i3's standards. The Navman website offers minimal support and didn't seem to offer any answers. The one thing I did notice on it was that for Navman F20 software updates you can download them and then have to upload them to your unit via a USB cable. Unfortunately, the unit doesn't come with a USB cable... a clever touch or what?

The one thing that did seem quite good was the screen suction mount...lol.

OK, this spent less then 24 hours in my possession but that was because I couldn't wait to take the thing back and get a refund! I'll stick to a Garmin in future. Certainly an i3 isn't worth upgrading to this for.

• UK