RWS 34 Diana Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

tennman's review of RWS 34 Diana

“This was the first "springer" rifle I have owned. I...”

Written on: 24/01/2007 by tennman (2 reviews written)

Very accurate, powerful, great buy for the money especially with German made quality

Plastic trigger (although I have had no problems with so far), plastic safety

General Comments
This was the first "springer" rifle I have owned. I wanted a high quality entry level rifle and from everything I read the model 34 Diana was a great rifle for the money. I shot for a few days with iron sights and was disappointed with my groups. I thought that a scope would help but that only made matters worse. Since I was a novice at spring air rifles, I called and spoke to a technical rep from the company I bought the rifle from. He gave me some very helpful information, especially on how to hold an air rifle and some suggestions on what ammo to use. I guess my years of bracing my Mossberg with 3 1/2" magnum shells was not the correct form to use when shooting air rifles. After trying different ammunition and not bracing full force my groups improved dramatically. It is now a real joy to shoot this rifle. The best pellets (at least the ones I've tried) that group the best for me were predator, Beeman Kodiaks and RWS Superdomes. I can now shoot a penny 5 shot group with each of these pellets at 25 yards and a 1" group at 35 yards pretty consistently. I am now looking at the RWS model 48 in 22 caliber for hunting small game. A great rifle for the money in my opinion.

• Accuracy