Dyson DC15 The Ball Review

• Service & Support

aaronpain's review of Dyson DC15 The Ball

☆☆☆☆☆
Dyson DC15 The Ball

“I can help you save £282.00. Don't buy this Dyson!!!...”

Written on: 14/01/2007 by aaronpain (1 review written)

Doesn't use a bag, like all Dysons.

Where to start really? Far far to heavy, far to bulky. Pick up head is too narrow and tall at the front, so you can not get into tight spaces. The extendable 'Wand' is a complete joke, with about as much thought put into it as a blink of the eye. It doesn't pick up any more than my £30.00 Goblin (which is 1/4 of the weight, so you can actually clean the stairs).

General Comments
I can help you save £282.00. Don't buy this Dyson!!! Generally I would not bother to fill out a review form for anything but I'd really like to stop anyone making the same mistake as me.

James Dyson, and his Engineers, really need to stop flogging this idea of an upright cleaner that is Slightly heavier than Jupiter, you CAN NOT easily clean the stairs with this machine it is ridiculously cumbersome, and if I may be so bold, the build quality is not very good.

You get the feeling that it's all a bit Mechano (not that Mechano is a bad thing when you are building little fun structures but really not what you want when you have shelled out over £280.00). The Clunky feel of the upright rest, and the Absurd 'Wand' really does take the biscuit. You almost have to feel it to believe that someone thought 'Yes, that's great....lets build it like that'.

I have NO industrial engineering background what-so-ever, but I am Supremely confident that even I could have done a better job than this.

And just in case Mr Dyson should ever read this, you keep banging on about British design, well Innovate this Machine then....lets have it Lighter, Smaller, Ditch the daft wand and put a longer Flex on it.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For: