Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk Review

bergebabe's review of Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought a sofa from Land of Leather two years ago. We...”

Written on: 12/01/2007 by bergebabe (2 reviews written)

None

Everything

General Comments
I bought a sofa from Land of Leather two years ago. We bought an ex display model for £1400, and it was delivered pretty quickly. I'd like to say at this stage that the sofa is OK - what you would expect for the price.

However, the price is not so clear. As mentioned above, the sofa's were £1400. We took them up on the offer of a year off before payments and saved the money to pay them back. However, we missed the deadline to pay them - and a week late they wouldn't accept our £1400, as it had been passed to their credit company - Open and Direct, who we now owed £3000 for the interest over the past year!!

Open and Direct are uncaring and unhelpful creditors, and as I couldn't pay the £123 a month they wanted from me for my sofa's, they have now had a charging order attached to my property and are taking me to court to get my home sold from under me so that they can get the £4000 (yes it has gone up again) that I supposedly owe them. I would like to say at this point that I have not shirked my responsibility, and I am paying them over £40 a month, but it isn't good enough for them. So in a weeks time I face the possibility of being made homeless because of a cheap leather sofa. Ended up quite expensive.

• Leather Suite