Garmin nuvi 660 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

robinhunt's review of Garmin nuvi 660

Garmin nuvi 660

“As I said, the Garmin Nuvi 660 is the first Sat Nav...”

Written on: 02/01/2007 by robinhunt (1 review written)

It is the first Sat Nav system I've had. I have always resisted before (old school), but since needing to find 200+ addresses (work customers) that were all new to me, I weakened. This unit is absolutely brilliant! It is totally foolproof, and it does exactly what it says on the tin!

I can't find any sites yet (including Garmin's own) where I can download or buy fun voices like what you can get for TomTom's, but there are so many preloaded ordinary ones to choose from in English (UK, US and Australian accents, male and female) that to call it a bad point is just being picky really.

General Comments
As I said, the Garmin Nuvi 660 is the first Sat Nav I've ever owned, so I have nothing to compare it with, but I can't fault it either. The screen's bigger than most, and it is beautifully clear. It's not cheap admittedly, but I can't see any reason why I'd ever need to upgrade to a "better" unit, even if I started to travel across Europe on a regular basis, as it seems to cover just about everywhere, in road by road, street by street minute detail. One big plus it that it contains free upgrades of traffic and speed camera information for the life of the unit, which is a subscription cost on everything else I looked at.

• Everywhere!

Area Covered

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Adamocelo's Response to robinhunt's Review

Written on: 23/05/2007

Totally agree, the "customisation" was an extra special touch that I appreciated.