Nestle Quality Street Review

Mac99's review of Nestle Quality Street

Nestle Quality Street

“Over Christmas most of the bigger Supermarkets had...”

Written on: 02/01/2007 by Mac99 (47 reviews written)

A big tin.
Many different types of chocolates.

More of a couple of chocolates than of the other more popular ones - which make Quality Street famous.

General Comments
Over Christmas most of the bigger Supermarkets had deals on the tins of this chocolate. 2 for £10 was a popular price.

I have bought Quality Street every Christmas for 20 years. This year, however, we noticed that a lot of our favourites were in short supply, whilst there was an over-supply of others. We counted 22 coconut eclairs, 21 malt toffees and some others reached double figures...nutty choc chunk, the green triangle, orange chocolate crunch (at least 10 of each). Old favourites didn't fair as well. 5 purple ones, 4 orange creams, 5 strawberry dreams, 3 caramel swirls and 6 toffee fingers.

We appreciate that if your favourites are malt toffee and coconut eclairs then you have scored and will be more than happy with the selection. If, like my family, you love the Purple One or the strawberry dream then you are going to feel a bit let down.

After 20 years I think I may try another brand next year!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Mac99's Review

Written on: 03/01/2007

I think this attitude is indicative of the main players in the chocolate trade today, give us what we want or we will go elsewhere. I have had similar difficulties with Celebrations, and have now switched over to Heroes for the time being. I will never buy Roses again as they are horrible, but I have found Ferrero Rocher to be at their delicious best this year.