Guild D-25 Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

KKalanges's review of Guild D-25

Guild D-25

“I bought my D-25 in early 1974. It has a mahogany top,...”

Written on: 01/01/2007 by KKalanges (1 review written)

My D-25 tunes and then holds its tuning like no other instrument I have owned or played. The tone was very rich from the start and has only improved over 32 years I have owned it.

The neck needed to be reset after about 15 years of playing. I contacted the original Guild offices and returned the instrument with their authorization under its original lifetime warranty. They reset the neck and returned it to me at no cost.

General Comments
I bought my D-25 in early 1974. It has a mahogany top, sides and back. I have moved around the country since then and it has travelled with me. I don't abuse it. But I also don't get overly concerned about climate control. It has always been kept in the living space of my various residences. But no climate control, etc. The finish on the back is still fairly high gloss with one small wear spot. The rest of the instrument looks near new. Although I think that Gibson necks are still the best out there, overall I prefer my Guild D-25 to anything else I have played. It's a gem! The only thing that has been with me nearly as long is my wife. They are both keepers!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard