Gamo P-800 Review

CommissarHunt's review of Gamo P-800

“The Gamo P-800 is my second air pistol I have bought....”

Written on: 24/12/2006 by CommissarHunt (9 reviews written)

Has a sturdy plastic construction.
Has a very easy trigger.
Easy to cock and reload.
Seems to be quite accurate, I can hit cans at 20m with high hit rate.

Seems to shoot higher than where aimed and this can't be adjusted for.

General Comments
The Gamo P-800 is my second air pistol I have bought. It is good value for money, being an entry level sort of gun. Its a lot higher power than other air pistols that are only a little cheaper in price. It is a break barrel spring powered pistol so there isn't the ongoing cost of buying Co2 cartridges for it. It fires all shapes of pellets and is a single shot per break/cock. From 5 to 10 meters I find that this pistol will break thin walled V bottles, but will not break jars or thicker glass bottles like coke or lucozade. This pistol will drill right through unopened aluminium cans nearly every time 1st shot, and sends empty cans spinning and tumbling. I found mine wouldn't shoot into tin cans at all. It shoots straight through tomatoes, but not quite through big oranges or apples. It has a very easy trigger in comparison to my gas pistols, so much so that if I've been firing my gas ones then use this one, I occasionally accidentially pull the trigger early while still aiming. It is very accurate I find, but shoots high which can be adjusted for. Overall its a very good pistol, providing lots of fun.

Adamwin's Response to CommissarHunt's Review

Written on: 06/02/2011

hey, just wanted to say how helpful your review was and i have decided that this is the gun for me. I've been looking for a good priced gun that i can sit in the garden and shoot at targets for ages and your review has made up my mind. Thanks again :)