Mouliware Mouli Julienne Review

hilltophangout's review of Mouliware Mouli Julienne

“The Mouliware Mouli Julienne is great value for the...”

Written on: 20/12/2006 by hilltophangout (1 review written)

I purchased mine from a thrift store years ago, and I absolutely LOVE IT! It is SO easy to use! Easy to clean, dishwasher safe, works fantastic for cheeses, slicing potatoes for scalloping - hundreds of uses! I wouldn't trade mine, and we ALWAYS recommend it!!! It can be used over a bowl, which is very handy!! Or it can be placed over a plate or on a counter. It is easier to get out, use and clean up, than my processor for day to day cooking needs!!! I just love it!!!

Mine has 3 legs, which makes it a bit wobbly when placing on/over a flat surface. However, it works fine over a bowl, since the legs aren't relevant then. (Mine is old - new ones may be a bit different). It's not bothersome enough to change how much we love it, and use it!!! A change in design could make it better, if the legs would fold up and out of the way when using it over a bowl. That would also make it easier to use over any size bowl, even extra large ones.
Cheese must be cleaned off blades immediately, just like with a regular grater, or it will be difficult to remove when dry. I can't think of any other bad things about it.

General Comments
The Mouliware Mouli Julienne is great value for the money!!! I would highly recommend this product, over a small food processor, to everyone, because it is so much more versatile for small to large jobs. My small processor doesn't come close to being as handy, easy to use and easy to clean up, as my Mouli Julienne!!!

I HIGHLY recommend everyone have one of these in their kitchen if they do any cooking at all...even a little!!!! Great product!!!