Internet Cashback - www.internetcashback.co.uk Review

Instructions Ignored's review of Internet Cashback - www.internetcashback.co.uk

“I discovered the Internet Cashback...”

Written on: 13/12/2006 by Instructions Ignored (3 reviews written)

£10 Free
Wide choice of shops
Big cash back sums on offer

Will take a while to reach £40 withdraw limit just by using high street style shops

General Comments
I discovered the Internet Cashback (www.internetcashback.co.uk) website when surfing the Review Centre by stumbling on an advert promising me a free £10 + further cashback for buying Barclays financial products. It sounded too good to be true so somewhat sceptically I clicked on the advert to find out more.

This took me through to the Internet Cashback website that then displayed a selection of offers from Barclays with varying degrees of cashback available per offer. The £50 home insurance offer looked tempting as did the Barclaycard promotion. I was somewhat weary of comitting myself to anything so I had a browse around the website to get the lowdown on how the whole set-up operates. Firstly there was the issue of the 'too good to be true' free £10, I checked my account to find that I had been credited with the £10, however after looking through the FAQ's I discovered that I couldn't actually claim the £10 until my overall reached £40. My second thought was 'how difficult/expensive is it going to be to get to £40?' well luckily the answer was 'not very'. I was already on £10 so I needed to get an extra £30 before I could take advantage of the offer. I headed back to the Barclays page where I decided to take out an offer on home insurance - this is an unavoidable annual cost so it was nice to get something back for changing it.

Within 24 hours my account had been updated to reflect that I was now £60 to the good - £10 free + £50 for taking out the Barclays insurance. It took me just over a month to claim the money and receive my cheque. Ideally I would have liked the cash instantly but I thought this was a fairly reasonable turnaround.

Since my initial purchase I've had a good scroll round the site to look for other good offers and have reached some of the following conclusions.

1. The big money is to be had through anything you purchase annually such as my home insurance deal. I will definitely be booking my car insurance through this medium as well - I have seen some decent sums up there. My tip would be to find the best quote through confused.com and then head over to cashback to make the actual purchase.

2. Some easy money is out there. If you like a flutter, or don't mind opening a credit card account then these are very easy ways to accrue money quickly. The gambling offers are very good and by opening a credit card account you don't incur a cost - just cut the card up on arrival if you don't want to actually use it. Another tip would be to sort out your broadband and mobile phone contracts on this site - they are also generous cashbacks.

3. There is a good selection of shops but it would take a while to reach the £40 withdraw limit just by doing standard shopping at places like Amazon, Woolies, HMV etc. The cashback at the typical high street stores seems to range from 1%-10% so to reach the £40 won't be a quick and easy process.

I would definitely use this website again following the success of my first purchase and will be keeping my ear to the ground on the car insurance offers when my next policy is due.

• home insurance