Sony Ericsson P800 Review

• Reception

• Style

technoboy.'s review of Sony Ericsson P800

Sony Ericsson P800

“MAJOR downfall. Doesn't support Orange line 2. ”

Written on: 31/05/2003 by technoboy. (1 review written)

Multi featured.
Can be unlocked

Major downfall which for some negates this phone in one - it has no support for Orange Line 2 and SE have no intentions of providing this!

General Comments
MAJOR downfall. Doesn't support Orange line 2.

This is essential for many people such as myself.

With Opera installed quite good for wap but doesn't seem to be supported by my bank so I can't do on line banking as I could with my 6210. Opera will even support standard framed web sites though it is not really practical for the display size.

It takes pix and can serve as an MP3 player. You can make your own ring tones very easily. There is cradle to facilitate connection to the computer - didn't work first off - had to get SE upgrade software installed on phone.

• Reception

• Style

Iamcarmoda.'s Response to 102978_technoboy.'s Review

Written on: 03/06/2003

Orange?!
<br>Who cares Mate! They are a terrible carrier!
<br>
<br>The phone is the most 'open standard' on the market. review the phone on it's actual merits not your personal opionion.

116713_Steve.'s Response to 102978_technoboy.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2003

A really useful review! I intended buying this phone, but Line 2 is a major requirement for me for outgoing calls.
<br>Looks like I'm back to the Nokia 3650. Damn!

Paped.'s Response to 102978_technoboy.'s Review

Written on: 08/07/2003

I think the P800 deserves a much higher overall rating and even though I cannot use the free air time my Orange line 2 I have still upgraded to the P800 and have set-up the following to allow both my numbers to still pass calls to my phone. On the Orange network there is a service call "Everyphone" which can divert your calls to any number on any network hence I set this on my line 2 to divert all calls to my line 1 number. The service is free and due to it being an Orange to Orange number divert I don't even pay for the calls, all I pay is my normal line 2 rental which I was paying before anyway and I lose the free call I had on that lines tariff as I still can't use that phyical line 2 thats set-up on my sim. However I do now have a P800 with both my line 1 and 2 number ringing on it so I'm happy!!!!!

Ca.'s Response to 102978_technoboy.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

Thats a ridiculous comment. Mate. one can only review a phone by one's "personal opinion". We don't read reviews to see the good points, if we did, a simple press release would serfice. Bad points are what we want to see here.