London Metropolitan University www.londonmet.ac.uk Review

• Libraries

• Nightlife

• Societies & Clubs

jonathan kelly's review of London Metropolitan University www.londonmet.ac.uk

“Down the Holloway Road in London England is a...”

Written on: 01/12/2006 by jonathan kelly (110 reviews written)

Right next to

Very expensive

General Comments
Down the Holloway Road in London England is a university. I had been driving down this road for 15 years beforehand, and I had not noticed the University until I decided to apply to go there during my access to university course. As I was living close by in Central London, it seemed ideal, even though I had never noticed it. An automatic acceptance was good enough for me; I was going there!

Another student on my access course went there and she is now a teacher. It was looked down on by some students. I had no idea why at the time. One wanted to go to Kings and was put out by how snooty they were there at her interview. The pot calling the kettle back comes to mind.

I found out why it was rated so low by the snooty. It was full of foreigners and local people, and there were also a very high percentage of mature students.

The courses marked by Oxford University, so empirical pragmatism is the only thing wanted. The teachers are all busy, and an appointment is needed to speak to one. My Tutor was such a busy man it was difficult to see him. His feedback, although small was invaluable in helping me complete my dissertation on whether 'Free Will was Compatible with the truth of determinism'.

I left there six years ago now. Only go to university if you're generally interested in nihilism, as vacuousness it is promoted.

Back to the buildings a new post modern frontage is surprising. As the metaphysical scientific world view is what is promoted; expect homelessness, barbarity and mass consumption to be the result.

The local area is a run down, and there are loads of criminals and prostitutes, owners of kebab shops and people selling fags on every street corner.

So overall, the University manipulated me; it is what they are paid to do, you can not blame them. The promotion of vacuousness is expensive however, as it cost me £11000 pounds in student loans and bank overdrafts for them to try to manipulate me into being ordinary, and liking averageness it was all a failure.

• 1997-2000

Attended (from - to)

Jonathan Kelly's Response to jonathan kelly's Review

Written on: 16/06/2010

I went to this university 10 years ago it was called the University of North London in those days I went late in life at the age of 37. This was as only the top students went to University in the 1970s and me having done very poorly at school. Leaving at fifteen with six low grade CSE was my preferred option at the time.
<br/>
<br/>When the chance of going to University later in life opened up for me I jumped at it. However when at university I was badly misinformed as there only interest was in me believing what they said and in the fact that they got to decide who does what. I later learned that the whole academic world is like this.
<br/>
<br/>English and Philosophy were the subjects I studied at University. I chose philosophy as the history classes I had taken in my Access course were not successful. I had never received a top mark in any of them.
<br/>
<br/>I never agreed with anything that I heard in the philosophy classes at University. It turned out that all the problems I had ever had were due to me not believing what they said.
<br/>
<br/>Philosophy is actually only to do with theory. It is the philosophy of theory and not the real world. The real world is where I had been brought up to live in however.
<br/>
<br/>Philosophy promotes what it criticises. My dissertation was entitled: Is Free Will compatible with the Truth of Determinism. This involves trick thinking evident when what the words really mean is discovered there influence. Free Will is linear abstraction. Determinism is the impossible truth in life. So my dissertation title should have read, Is Linear Abstraction Compatible with the Impossible Truth in Life.
<br/>
<br/>Philosophy is then veiled thinking where what is said is not what is meant. The seeking of meaning is what it tries to make impossible so as to cover this deception up. Philosophy is about telling people what to think no asking then what they think or even finding out who they are. It is the promotion of an agenda one that is of you believing what they say and on them deciding on who does what.
<br/>
<br/>By my third year I had become disillusioned as I was becoming what I had always tried not to be. As someone who had always be told to be objective and true this put me at a disadvantage in University life. They are trying to make people subjective and to have the true and lie as the same.
<br/>
<br/>On leaving University I was in massive dept to the Student Loans people and too Barclay's Bank. I have never been able to make any payments to the Student Loans people. Barclay's bank sold my dept to them to Cobalt Financial and I am having to pay them back at the rate of &pound;10 per month for the next twenty years. I got a call last weekend with a demand for &pound;600 to be paid in 24 hours,
<br/>
<br/>A few years after leaving University I went to an Adult Education Classes to find out more about this subject they called philosophy.
<br/>
<br/>Summary: Getting taken to the cleaners is not much fun