RWS 34 Diana Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Sifu456's review of RWS 34 Diana

“The RWS/Diana 34 has always been a rifle that I...”

Written on: 22/11/2006 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

The Panther 34 .22 is a solid made Air Rifle nice stock comparable with my Mossberge shot gun and better then my Ramliine stock bought for my 06. The metal work is execllent, the rear sights are metal and both have color fiber optic filiments, that lines up great. A nice TO5 trigger, scope rail and a BUTT PAD, somthing the regular 34 lacks. Its fairly powerful around 596-685fps shooting Crowmags -CP 14.3 size pellets.

The fork on the stock is not as thick as I'd like. The rifle is front heavy. Some say the stock looks plastic and cheap. I like the way its formed the material used could have been more like the Shadows.

General Comments
The RWS/Diana 34 has always been a rifle that I thought was a bargain of excellent quailty in material to make it. Its always been kinda rough and in need of tuning was the report. I used a cheap 4x32 Gamo scope and mount combo the rifle has a built in metal scope stop and indentions for 3rd party ss. Some complain about the 34s ability to hold a scope I didn't have a problem bc I went 1 piece but didn't really have problem with the cheap Gamo setup. The RWs 34 does recoil harder then most guns this heavy and it deiseled some. I started shooting the 21 grain Crowmags after a Lub tune and it smoothed out. I shot 10 CM and back to the Match about 25 rounds back to back cycles. Within 300 pellets the RWS 34 smooth out and reduced recoil and stopped deiseling on the 2nd cycle it becoming more accurate at every setting. I'm forcing feeding the Gamo match now but it seems to really like the Crosman or heavier pellets.

The rifle sighted in fairly accurate as I went through the pellet selection choice. After getting pretty good groups with Gamo match and CP wadcutters. The 1 piece mount and BSA AO scope came in. The barrel seemed pretty straight but using the higher mount it shot low 6" off center with scope maxed out on elevation. I shimed the rear mount and got it iron. I had maxed the BSA scope and couldn't bring it back to its neutral setting, I notice an allen wrench hole ion the terrets, that were turning w/o clicks. I tighten knobs and within 5 minutes had the gun zero'd at 10-15 yards clover leafing with Gamo Match and CP 14.3s, Rws Super domes and Beeman Trophys shot a little better. But I just bought 2000 Gamo match so clover leafs 5-10 shot groups will work until I continue to sort things out. It can 3 shot group 1 holer with CPs and heavier pellets.

As mentioned in other reviews I'm becoming a Diana/RWS fan having bought three in 6 months. After saying that I wasn't going buy another springer. I now have the 46, 34 & 21 all are acceptional bargains with the 46 being the elite of the crew. The Cheap Panther 21 .177 is surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot, I might get a .22 RWS24 just for kicks. But the RWS 34 is a step up on the .22 Gamo Supreme in build material. I like the material the Gamos stock is made with. Right now they are near the same in accuracy, with a slight edge going toward the 1.5 yr. old Gamo.

The Diana Panther 34 is an excellent bargain for a hunting air rifle solid made like most German products.

• Accuracy