Club Faru, North Male Atoll Review

fishingebo14's review of Club Faru, North Male Atoll

“Having read several reviews about the Club Faru resort...”

Written on: 19/11/2006 by fishingebo14 (1 review written)

Crystal clear water
Friendly staff
Good rep

None

General Comments
Having read several reviews about the Club Faru resort in the Maldives, I was a little worried about it prior to going, but from the minute we arrived at Gatwick my worries were for nothing.

First Choice Star Premier is excellent, and I recommend the day before check-in. Plane journey both ways on time and very good.

The hotel itself was great! Please don't let the negative reviews you read about this hotel put you off. Yes, you are close to the airport, but you hardly see or hear the planes. The accommodation is comfortable and very clean, food is of the very highest standard, drinks from the bar are named brands and plenty of it, staff are extremely friendly, and that's from the manger right down to the luggage boys. Evening entertainment is OK - not brilliant.

I would definitely recommend the day long island hopping by seaplane. It is a bit expensive, but wow! It's well worth it. Diving is good, and there is plenty to se, and a lot of various reefs. Not the place for young children, purely because there isn't much for them to do.

Looking forward to returning to Club Faru again. Please don't let the negative reviews put you off. Last word has to go to First Choice (well done)!

Sleepyjasper's Response to fishingebo14's Review

Written on: 17/01/2007

It's nice to hear good comments. We are going to Club Faru in March, and we cannot wait!

Bobbypie's Response to fishingebo14's Review

Written on: 17/07/2009

I must admit, I'm a little concerned now. Whilst this and other comments are really good, we're traveling to Club Faru at the same time of year as Susie 51 did last year and her comments are far from good! Has anyone else traveled to these parts of the islands at this time of year before? I have read other reports from different sites and overall we are definitely expecting rain just maybe not quite so biblical as susie 51 makes out!?! I will ignore her other comments as well, i know what it's like when it rains your entire holiday, it can make every other little problem seem a lot worse. Saying that, there hasn't been any other comments after hers? Anyone just got back? thanks ;o)