Mossberg 835 Multi Mag-Pump Action Review

bowyer20's review of Mossberg 835 Multi Mag-Pump Action

“Regretably I had some problems with this gun with...”

Written on: 16/11/2006 by bowyer20 (1 review written)

Economically priced

Poorly made

General Comments
Regretably I had some problems with this gun with potential safety hazards. The first problem is with the synthetic stock. There seems to be an insufficiant ammount of non-reinforced material on the lower sling eye ...mine broke the first time I hung it on my shoulder. The second problem has something to do with the elevator arm (don't know what though). The gun is prone to ejecting the second unfired shell along with the inital expended round. This is enfuriating if you plan to shoot more than one shot at a passing duck. The pump also has a tendency to jam shut. My desicion to purchase a Mossburg was based on the size of my checking account and now I wish I would have waited to buy something better. I am going to miss all of duck season as I can not afford a new gun and refuse to use one that is malfunctioning. It would be a simple matter to return it accept that store policy forbids the return of firearms. Many stores have a similar policy so beware before you buy. Maveric arms has estimated the average turnaround time at two to three weeks for warranty repairs or replacement, so I won't be getting my shotgun back until the season is over. One must concider the potential hazard of a loaded gun to falling to the ground because the sling eye failed or unfired shells being egected from head hight on to rocks and gravel. Then ask yourself if you would be willing to ship your gun off at your own expense and wait weeks for It to come back. Then ask yourself if you want to buy a mossberg. In all fairness this may be an isolated case but I can tell you that in my experience the only good thing about the 835 is the price, and I will never spend my hard earned money on this brand again.

Hummertim2's Response to 267189_bowyer20's Review

Written on: 05/03/2007

I have the same gun you do, this might help you, I did it myself, same problem works great now. with the swivel screw to short i drilled out the threads in swivel cap just to remove the threads same size hole now buy "uncle mikes fine thread swivel set." Go to home depot get a steel nylone locking nut and flat lockwasher insert fine thread swivel with plastic washer that came with the swivels in barrel cap screw put lockwasher and nut on tighten just to the point of lose tight put cap on position eye hole with sling and then put nail or rod threw the swivel hole and tighten with a socket ratchet till it won't bu with swivel attached better than new. Second issue is to complete the action go get some tetra gun grease and hopps gun oil and disassemble the firearm read the manual will tell the rest it works for me great